The Final Countdown!

       WHEW!   It has been far to long since I posted.  As previously discussed, the world seems to have taken the news that I am now a student as an opportunity to throw my personal life every curve ball possible.  On top of....life, we have run smack dab into the middle of holiday season! I'm not complaining, I love Thanksgiving and Christmas! Add the fact that the two only a few weeks apart, sprinkle in a couple family birthday celebrations and BOOM two months will just fly by.
       The problem is as a student, we are in one of the more intense classes.  NMT (neuromuscular therapy) is a wonderful tool to have and isn't offered by all massage school's.  While I am thankful for the opportunity to learn this modality, it is a lot to take in.  We also have started working on writing our own Case Report.  We have known this day was coming since the very beginning and I am very excited and interested in my topic but it is another project to add to the growing to do list.  Oh, and outreach hours. We can't forget those. It's time to start tallying those up to make sure you have met all of the requirements. 
      All of the tasks listed above don't really scare me. I am a little bit OCD with my color coded planners and calendars, yes I have more than one.  I know I can get it all done with good time management and organization.  Perhaps the overwhelmed feeling is knowing we are in the final countdown! Adrian School of Massage Class 04 has 30 classes left before graduation.  That might still sound like a good chunk to some but this reminds me that on top of life, holidays, classes, hours and projects that dreaded five letter test is just around the corner, MBLEx.  I have been studying and working hard all through school and feel very confident in the information and skills I have acquired; but something about the start of your profession resting solely on the results of a test has me shaking in my boots a bit.
       The school provides us with an exam coach from https://www.abmp.com/ Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals.  As students you are also eligible for a student membership to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) they too have an app that helps you prepare for the MBLEx.  I have also found plenty of other tools.  I have linked a few other freebie resources below. I think I have been given all of the information I need to be successful on this state licensing test, I just need to stay calm and confident. WE CAN DO THIS!

https://www.mometrix.com/academy/mblex-practice-test/
https://www.massagestudybuddy.com/
https://www.tests.com/practice/MBLEx-practice-test
https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/quizshow.php?title=mblex-exam-anatomy-physiology&q=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Reasons Being a Massage Therapist is AWESOME!

Licensed Massage Therapist: What does Licensure Mean for Massage Students? For Clients?

Staff Bio: Kris Martinez